Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 21, 2006

thinking

Today I discovered another mommy blogger who writes some pretty funny stuff. That, and her triplets are pretty darn cute too. It got me thinking how incredible lame this blog has become. Yeah, she's and English major and I'm an engineer, so it makes it a little harder to measure up, but I found myself laughing at her thoughts. And then it hit me: I don't have time to think any more! Sure, I use my brain a lot but it's almost exclusively for planning things - 99% of which are for Spencer's benefit. I used to blog about my thoughts... but now I barely have time to keep a record of activities, which are not nearly as interesting to read: went here, saw this friend, spencer got a boo boo, etc. Before I had Spencer, I remember reading a friend blog that I thought was pretty lame, because all it did was talk about what she did with her kids! And now I fear, sadly, that this is exactly what my blog has become.

With that said, here are some thoughts. I love being Spencer's mom, but there is plenty I don't enjoy about these toddler years. It is awesome when he spontaneously announces "I really like you!" and not so awesome to constantly think "when was the last time he used the potty?"

No comments: