Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2003

Coming back to work after a long weekend is never fun, especially with a meeting-packed Monday. West coast trip was a nice break - including a great 14-hour day traveling all of the way down to Big Sur and back to SF. Stops along the way included cute town of Capitola with early morning surf class in progress, Castroville - the artichoke capital of the world!, Monterey and a few hours at the aquarium, followed by 17-mile drive at Pebble Beach, then down for dinner at Nepenthe before the ~150 mile drive back to Burlingame. Whew.

Today is the first day of wearing maternity pants at work. Sigh. I can still fit in to my regular pants, but they are not very comfortable. And the marks around my belly probably means that it's not a good idea. Still going quite well picking up a few pieces of clothing here and there on ebay. How great to be pregnant at this time and have such a great resource for new & used maternity clothes at great prices!

Friday is another heartbeat check for the baby - I will be into my 19th week at that point. A friend who visits the same Dr. said that sometimes "R" would sneak her in to the ultrasound room during her pregnancy. We are hoping to be so lucky and perhaps find out the sex a bit earlier than planned. If that doesn't work out, we should know a lot more in mid-August when we have the scheduled ultrasound visit! How exciting. I told that I should feel the baby "any day now" but I haven't just yet. At least not that I'm aware of. Maybe today - who knows...

No comments: