Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Man, it was so great to go out for Girls' Night at Chuy's. Their food always rocks, and it was fun to not think about how crappy my day at work ended. (Things had already picked up a little bit when I got home, as Jim talked me in to walking down the block to buy some lemonade from the neighbor kids. "When life hands you lemons...") Before everyone dispersed in the parking lot after dinner, we set the date for Girls' Night in August, so that will be fun to look forward to. I am now on a serious mission to find the bling I've been seeking on Harwin before our next dinner rolls around. I want to get a great big CZ "Anna Nicole" ring like the one Kim has. I need a new purse too, so it's definitely time to make another trip to that side of town.

Getting away from work during lunch, we saw Brett and Liana (another one of the SIX couples due in October) at the gym and we are now making plans to go to a birthing/newborn/etc class together in September. Liana said she is hoping their little girl is not born on Halloween - we're faced with holidays on all sides on Baby Boy Leach's due date. Jim reminded me that this might run in his family, as he was born on Easter Sunday and his brother on Good Friday. Personally, I would like for this pregnancy to go a week into the new year and get all of the craziness of December behind us. But, we know and accept how little control we have over these types of things. Liana also reminded me to get a copy of Baby Bargains. I was introduced to these fabulous books last year with Bridal Bargains while planning our wedding. I consider it required reading for all brides-to-be and am excited for Baby Bargains that I promtply ordered yesterday to arrive. Amazon customers seem to feel the same way about Baby Bargains too.

I think that I might be able to say that today is the first day I felt some movements in my belly that I'm pretty sure were from the baby. It's been odd, not in a creepy way, but just that I'm not entirely sure if that is what I'm feeling.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is currently recording, and I'm looking forward to watching when Jim gets home from tonight's CAP meeting. That show has just been cracking me up!!! If you don't have Bravo, I've been told that NBC is airing a repeat of the episodes on Thursday during prime time.

No comments: