Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2003

Today at lunch I wore my maternity bike shorts to spinning class for the first time (purchased brand new on ebay for $1!) Right now I just have to keep an eye on my heartrate (140 is max allowed) but Monique warned that as pregnancy progresses, it will feel creepy when your legs brush your belly while pedaling...

It was great to hear from Janet, one of the SIX people we know due in October. (What the heck was going on nine months earlier???) Funny how both of us skated hockey tournaments during the first month of pregnancy without knowing it! Doc said no cause for concern as (both of) our babies appear quite happy and healthy! Actually, during my first doctor visit when I had to "confess" to things I had unknowingly done during the first month or so of the pregnancy, I was assured that most of my actions (i.e. drinks) had no effect on the baby as it had not yet attached and was not receiving the bad stuff from my bloodstream. Pretty good evolutionary trait for the human race, don't you think?

No comments: