Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

So, I've been thinking about setting up a blog for a while now, but Katie's suggestion and information finally convinced me. When we first found we were having a baby, I thought it would be fun to chronicle the upcoming months, but since we hadn't told anyone at that time, it wasn't realistic to start the blog yet. Well, now the cat is out of the bag, and my belly has certainly "started to pop out" within the last week or so, so there's no real hiding any longer. I wore maternity clothes (well, ok, a maternity tank top) out in public last weekend and it just felt odd. I was definitely feeling out of my element wearing maternity clothes at Sam's Boat on Saturday night. We were sitting outside, so smoke was minimal, but it just didn't feel right. I mean, if I were really obviously pregnant at this point, I bet other people would be pointing "look at the pregnant lady at the bar" but just because I'm not huge yet didn't make me feel more comfortable.

Why do some people react so oddly when you tell them you are pregnant? Some ask rather personal questions like "were you guys trying?" and some ask rather silly ones like "are you guys excited?" Some people start talking in soft voices... as if you are possibly still keeping a secret even though you are openly talking about it in public. But most people are just genuinely happy and excited for us.

No comments: