Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I'm so glad that we had read the chapter on poop in Baby 411 several weeks ago, so we were well prepared the first time we found little gel balls in our baby's diaper. This morning there were quite a lot, and it was good we understood that this is simply some of the super-absorbent diaper material. But it sure does look strange!

This morning was my six week post-partum checkup. The Dr. was pleased with my healing, but I was sad that she signed off on my medical release to return to work which ends my six weeks of disability pay. However, there there is no way I could return to work this week and successfully continue breastfeeding. Spencer is such a little milk mop I just can't get ahead of him to store up any reserves. Even though I spend all day, every day with Spencer, we are only just barely beginning to figure each other out. Thanks to the Family Medical Leave Act, I'll be able to take some more time off taking care of the little guy.

On the way back from the doctor, we stopped off for a short visit with Carol and three month old Brian. Hopefully we'll be able to see more of each other before I return to work. I've spent these first six weeks in the house with very few trips out. My goal for the next few weeks is to get out more with Spencer during the day.

No comments: