Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 23, 2005

weekend downtime

On the surface, things got much better on Friday. Spencer spent a full day at school, and Jim and I were able to work the whole day without any unforeseen interruptions. But something wasn't quite right. I didn't feel very hungry at lunchtime, and by dinner I had no appetite at all and knew that something was very wrong with my stomach. By Saturday I felt completely puny. I managed to get out of the house with Spencer to meet other signing mommies and babies at 11:00, but I was hardly feeling chipper. Unfortunately, the meet up was a bust as a birthday party for someone else was being held in the pre-arranged location which prevented a bunch of strangers from getting together. So I fed Spencer his lunch (thank goodness HIS appetite has returned, and easing him back into milk this weekend by combining regular and lactose-free has been successful) and played with him on the Meyer Park playground for about 45 minutes. By then he was beat and passed out for a nap on the ride home. I transferred him to the crib, crawled into my own bed, and didn't get out until 4:30 in the afternoon. Feeling nauseous is no fun at all. Things seems to have turned the corner this morning for me, thank goodness.

No comments: