Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 10, 2004

Happy Mother's Day to me! It's been a great Mother's Day celebration all weekend! On Friday afternoon I was invited to a Mother's Day Tea at Spencer's school. We came at the end of the work day, enjoyed some mini quiche and cucumber sandwiches and socialized with other mommies and babies (and one daddy.) We also received gifts that the babies had 'made' for us - a dishcloth with their little footprints - too cute! On Saturday the azalea plant Spencer ordered arrived with about 50 buds just ready to bloom any minute. And yesterday, for the actual day, Spencer gave me an impressive gift of three Wusthof knives - a chef's knife, a paring knife and a Santuko knife (which I have been wanting, but not knowing it's name, just calling it the "Rachel Ray" knife!) When I told Deena I received gifts from Spencer she asked "was he drawn to get you shiny things?" "Why, yes!" It's a bit of a bummer that currently I don't have time to prepare a dinner that takes more than 10 minutes or has more than 4 ingredients, but I know that day will soon return. In the evening I opened up presents from mom, how nice of her to send me gifts for my first Mother's Day - I think part of the reason was a 'thank you for having a great baby because I enjoy being a grandma.' She helped with fashion in a fun new watch, pocketbook and sleeveless tops all in lime green. Here are pics from this weekend.

No comments: