Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Girls' night for August was a fun rendezvous at Vietnam Restaurant last night. Kellys, Kims and Bonnies were in attendance, along with fellow bloggers Katie and Heidi and others. The 10 of us were the ONLY people in the restaurant for the entire night! (We think perhaps that is the reason they will be moving to a new location in 3 weeks.) After ordering invididually, we shared everything from the giant lazy susan in the middle of our round table: beef, shrimp, pork, chicken, crab - absolutely everything was fabulous! Looking forward to our next outing in September!

Once we both made it back home, Jim and I watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Man, I think that last night’s episode was just about the most hilarious one yet! This bald cop from Staten Island was just too funny! So many one-liners from the show had us laughing out loud. Too many to recount, but the first one I remember is from one of the opening scenes when Thom (a.k.a. gay guy responsible for interior design) is surveying the apartment and states, “this room is just dumb.”

Speaking of gay guys, Katie and I were discussing Boy Meets Boy, and neither of us could believe last week’s reveal which indicated that Dan was straight! He was quite a cutie, but I was so sure that he was quite gay. And speaking of men’s bodies, I was checking out my husband’s belly button last night. I remember when mine used to look like his – round and having some depth. Now mine has flattened and turned into a little more than a horizontal line. Not that I was naïve enough to not know this was certainly coming, but I read on the daily pregnancy calendar that this is the week when it might start to turn into an outie. I can’t believe how much my body has changed already – and I still have MONTHS to go. Today is the final day of week 22 (out of 40) but for the rest of population that counts in months, that means I haven’t even finished 5 months yet.

No comments: