Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Hooray! Dr. office called and said we have to move our 4D appointment because ultrasound guy won't be around on Friday. So, we're going to get in on Thursday instead!

Alternately, I'm FRUSTRATED because work did not have time off benefits for new moms accurately written down ANYWHERE on our intranet. They say it is covered under 'short term disability' but they DON'T say that there is a completely different set of rules. When I called benefits hotline to inquire, they confirmed that this "special" policy is not written down. "That's why we give you this phone number to call and ask..." Great. Just a fraction of what was anticipated based on the overall short-term disability plan that is detailed online for employees. Plus, I can end up doulby screwed and lose my vacation at the end of the year if Baby Boy Leach arrives early. I can go back to work in six weeks, and stay home without pay for another six. Everyone who has had a baby says that six weeks is DEFINITELY not enough time to get back in sync. I think the rest of the world laughs at the US and our pathetic time off policies.

Now a second phone called yielded a different message - 8 weeks pay, no questions, and that can start within 14 calendar days of due date (was told before the I must work until the baby is born.) I am hearing mixed stories as to what exactly our coverage is. I have a feeling that if I talk with 5 different HR people I will get 5 different answers... Grrrr....

No comments: