Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

A few things I've been remiss in writing about.

Stacie had her baby! Kate Madison Condon was born on January 31st and she's a cutie!

Last Friday while mom was here, I thought it would be fun to take advantage of coupons I received from JC Penney and have some portraits taken of Spencer. Boy did that suck. First, he was impossible to awaken, then while trying to take some sleeping pictures he woke up screaming. The photographer was a big pain in the butt - completely ignoring my requests. I don't know how many times I told her that neither I nor my husband were interested in naked pictures of him with a big satin bow, yet she insisted on taking them anyway. About 45 minutes later I was very irritated at her and disgusted at having to keep Spencer from trying to eat the nasty fabric or the nasty toy she kept waving in his face. Spencer was exhausted. Then she tried to get us to buy the crummy photos. Finally we went into another room with a different girl to try pictures again. She was much better (explained stuff the first on omitted, like how to hold on to him!) but poor Spencer was just so pooped by this point. We did manage to get one picture that was sort of cute. No smiles, but cute. It was nearly a two hour ordeal (and we still have to go back in three weeks to pick them up!) The whole event was thoroughly frustrating and I think it's safe to say that we will never be doing that again.

No comments: