Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 27, 2004

Well, today was quite a success on many fronts. It was a big day for Spencer and I as we were separated for nearly four hours. Jim met me at Spencer's school and we dropped him off along with a backpack full of his clothes, blankets, diapers (our tuition fee includes diapers, but they currently don't have any babies younger than 8 months, so today they didn't have any small diapers on hand.) I had also printed out a detailed page of his sleeping and eating habits, along tips & tricks we've learned about his likes and dislikes, and left them with a whole bunch of milk. It was very hard to finally turn around and exit the room. But we did, and I didn't cry. I think all of the adjusting we've being working on was helpful - today was the first day this week that I didn't actually cry. After leaving, Jim and I ate lunch together, then I went off to run some errands (didn't get to go shoe shopping) and squeezed in a haircut with whoever had availability at the Alan Murphy Salon. I felt a bit bad about not using my regular girl, but I haven't been 'wowed' with the last few cuts, and I was excited to have an hour to get a cut at all. When I returned to school, I found Spencer hanging out in his infant carrier with Ms. Karen. It was an adorable scene to watch 13 month-old Hannah standing there too who seemed to enjoy rocking Spencer's seat as he stared back at her. Ms. Karen said he had been so curious about the new surroundings and barely closed his eyes at all. He ate a lot, but according to the take-home sheet with his eating/sleeping/diaper change information I see that little Spencer has not pooped since Wednesday. Not of real concern, babies sometimes go for many days without pooping, and it does not mean they are constipated. Hey, I'm not going to complain about only changing wet diapers!

Another wonderful part of today was that, after a few emails back and forth, I finally got a call from Stacie! We talked on the phone for about an hour, and made plans to get together tomorrow. Her baby girl Katie will be four weeks old. Right now it looks like it should be a nice day to take a brisk walk outside. Hopefully our babies' schedules will cooperate to allow that to happen.

No comments: